FAQ 835
Am i entitled to a council tax letter even if I am a part time student?

Students who are retaking part of a full time course and are studying at least 30 credits over a 1 year period are allowed to have a council tax exemption letter. If the course is actually a part time course then students are not entitled to a council tax exemption letter as they have chosen to study part time.

If you are studying part-time and think you may be eligible for council tax exemption, then please log an enquiry and we will check this for you. To request a letter, visit our website at www.beds.ac.uk/studentlife/student-support/sid and click on 'How to...help', or just go straight to the 'Request a letter' guide via this link. You can click on the 'Log Enquiry' button from this FAQ.