FAQ 542
How can I claim council tax exemption?

You are entitled to council tax exemption if you are a full time student studying for a minimum of 21 hours per week.

If you are sharing rented accommodation all the residents have to be full time students on order for the household to be exempt from paying council, although if all but one of the residents are exempt you may receive a discount on your bill. 

Once you are registered, you can download the letter from E-Vision. The letter can be located under the My Studies tab and My Finance tab.