FAQ 538
Do I pay council tax as a student in Halls?

No, you do not need to pay council tax in halls.

Please check with your halls of residence, as some halls of residence may require you to get a Council Tax Exemption Letter.

You can get a Council Tax Exemption Letter from your Student Information Desk on your campus. You can also request a Council Tax Letter by logging an enquiry on SiD Online. Visit our website at www.beds.ac.uk/studentlife/student-support/sid and click on 'How to...help', or just go straight to the 'Request a letter' guide via this link. You can log the enquiry from the Enquiries menu using the category 'Council Tax', but if you use the Log Enquiry button from this FAQ the category will be found automatically.

You will be able to select which campus to collect your letter at, or request it to be posted or sent to you by email.