FAQ 1125
I need access to my personal data that is held by the University - how do I get this?

Personal data is information about natural persons who can be identified or who are identifiable, directly from the information in question; or who can be indirectly identified from that information in combination with other information. All individuals about whom the University holds or processes personal data have the right to view the data.

Requests to view such data must be made in writing or via email by the individual concerned to the University's Data Protection Officer, stating the nature of the individual's relationship with the institution (such as 'student', 'staff member' etc.), and providing a form of identification.

Legal Office (Governance & Planning)
University of Bedfordshire
University Square

e: legaloffice@beds.ac.uk

We will normally respond to the request within 30 days of receipt of the request, provided sufficient information has been provided to identify the individual and locate the information sought. The information provided will be subject to the provisions and safeguards to third parties in the GDPR and DPA 2018.