FAQ 976
I would like to go on holiday. What is the correct way to advise the Research Graduate School of this?

Students are entitled to 25 days annual leave in addition to statutory Bank Holidays and University closure days.

The holiday year runs from the date of initial registration; unused leave cannot be carried over. Annual leave must be agreed with the Director of Studies (or, when appropriate, the Director of Research Development or His/her Deputy), recorded on an Annual Leave form and notified to the Research Graduate School.

Annual leave will not be granted if this prevents attendance at taught components or prevents participation in assessments, academic progress panels, misconduct investigations or hearings, or disciplinary hearings.

To apply for leave you must complete the form available on BREO. It must be fully completed by a member of your supervisory team and then submitted to the RGS Office for first approval.