FAQ 814
What support can we get on referrals? Can we claim mitigating circumstances?

You can make a mitigating circumstances application for referral assessments but short term extensions cannot be granted. If your mitigating circumstances are approved, you may be granted another re-assessment attempt at the next available opportunity. This will be set by your academic department, and may be in the new academic year.

Please specify on the Mitigating Circumstances Form that the piece of work is a re-assessment. You can find the form on BREO or at www.beds.ac.uk/student-support/mitigation/. FAQ 26 also deals with applying for mitigating circumstances.