FAQ 800
What should I do if I lose my passport or BRP?

The visa in your passport or your BRP visa card is your evidence of your right to be in the UK. We strongly advise that your BRP & passport are kept in a safe place at all times and are not used as evidence for proof of age, or carried with you on a daily basis, to avoid them being lost or stolen.  

If you lose them, you will need to inform the Visa Advice Team in the International Office and report the loss to the Police. Lost BRP visa cards also need to be reported to the  Home Office. You will need to obtain a new passport and visa.