FAQ 294
I am a EU student and would like to know how to obtain a National Insurance Number

This is a unique personal number which is used to record your National Insurance (NI) contributions. You must obtain one in order to work in the UK if you haven't already got one. 

Full details are available online from www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number.

You may be required to attend an interview and show documents such as your passport/birth certificate.

If you have any questions, please email the Careers' team via: careers@beds.ac.uk