FAQ 29
I want to withdraw - how do I go about it?

If you wish to withdraw from your course, you will need to make an appointment with a Student Engagement Adviser who will discuss your options and the possible implications.

You can make an appointment with a Student Engagement Adviser through the Student Information Desk - just log an enquiry; come to the SiD desk; or call 0300 300 0042.

You can request a telephone appointment if you so wish, in which case you will need to provide your telephone number. Very often it is possible for advisers to help resolve the problems that might be making a student feel like withdrawing.

You will need to complete a withdrawal form, which is available attached to this FAQ to download. Hard copies are also available at the SiD desks. You can submit the completed withdrawal form to the Student Information Desk at your campus, or log an enquiry on SiD Online and attach the completed form.

Students should also be aware of the correct process for interrupting or withdrawing as it can lead to problems later on if this is not followed properly. Students should not just stop attending and presume this means they have officially withdrawn or interrupted. Students should also be aware that withdrawals and interruption of studies may have academic and financial implications.

If you are an International Student, you will also need to discuss your situation with the International Office as this may impact on your visa. You can log an enquiry in the 'Student Withdrawals' category under 'International Students' on SiD Online for the Visas and Compliance team to advise you.

Related Files
Filename Size
Withdrawal_form.doc 97.5 KB