Complaints may relate to (though not be limited to):
- the teaching and learning experience of the student, e.g. quality of teaching, laboratory facilities, personal tutor support
- academic services, e.g. computing and library services
- administrative services, e.g. registry, finance office etc.
The Complaints Procedure contains the following stages:
- Stage 1: Student-Led Informal discussion of the complaint with the individual(s) directly involved
- Stage 2: Formal investigation by the Student Adjudication Team
- Stage 3: Review by the Student Complaints Review Panel
The Student Complaints Procedure has been established with the aim, where possible, of resolving complaints informally through negotiation between those individuals who are immediately concerned with the matter and where appropriate their immediate line management. The University recognises, however, that some issues cannot be resolved by informal means and may require the intervention of outside parties. The formal stages of the Student Complaints Procedure (Stages 2 and 3) are therefore available, through Adjudication, to students should informal pursuit of a complaint prove unsatisfactory. You can find information about how to make a complaint at www.beds.ac.uk/student-experience/academic-information/complaints. On this page you can find a link to the Complaints Policy.