FAQ 16
What is a National Insurance Number?

If you intend to work in the UK you will need to apply for a permanent National Insurance number (NI). This is a unique number that is allocated to each person, which is used by the Inland Revenue department, to work out what National Insurance contributions you must pay when you work. Everyone who is going to work in the UK must have an NI number.

For further information and to apply for your NI number, visit: www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

If you have any questions, please email the Careers' team via careers@beds.ac.uk