FAQ 1173
I am required to complete a Professional Practice Year placement as part of my undergraduate course, can you help me?

A professional practice year is a year-long work experience opportunity that most Home and EU students can undertake as part of their degree programme. Often referred to as a sandwich or industrial placement, your year out of university should involve working in a role which is related to the course learning outcomes you are studying. The placement is taken during the 3rd year of a 4 year degree programme.

The Student Development & Awards (SDA) team are part of the University's Careers & Employability Service and will support you both in finding a placement, and also during the placement year. They offer information, advice and guidance on where to look for placements, applications and attending placement interviews. They will also process the necessary paperwork for your placement year.

For more information, see the PPY website or contact the SDA team via cesplacements@beds.ac.uk