1. Go to portal.office.com and enter your long University username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Click in the 'Password' box to start redirection to the University's login page.
3. On the University-branded page, enter your normal University password and click on the 'Sign in' button.
4. In the Office 365 portal, click the 'Install now' button and save the file to your preferred location.
5. Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install. Note that if you have a slow internet connection the install process can take a very long time because Office is being streamed to your computer.
6. When installation is complete, wait until splash-screen appears, then follow the onscreen instructions.
7. Make sure to sign in to confirm your installation, you may also be asked to sign in when you open your application for the first time.
These instructions can also been viewed and printed out in the PDF guide attached to this FAQ.
To install free Office on your PC: