FAQ 110
What support can be offered to students with disabilities, medical conditions or Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs) such as dyslexia?

The University employs specialist

professional staff who can support you during your studies. We

currently support students with a range of disabilities and medical conditions


  • Mobility difficulties

  • Sensory impairments

  • Mental health difficulties such as depression

  • Long-term medical conditions such as sickle

    cell anaemia

  • Autistic Spectrum

  • Specific Learning Difficulties, such as dyslexia

The kind of in-house support we can

offer includes:

  • Advice on Disabled Students’ Allowances and

    support in applying

  • Information, advice and supported access to

    other services within the University, Student Union and local community

  • Liaison with GP and psychiatric services

  • One-to-one support for practical, personal

    and academic concerns

  • Information about self-help techniques

The University has some adapted accommodation

for students with disabilities. Contact

one of the accommodation providers in the first instance, via the link

below. Adapted accommodation is limited,

and operates on a first come first served basis.

If you need special consideration because of

a medical condition, you may be asked to provide a supporting letter from your