FAQ 1028
I am an International student and would like to know how to obtain a National Insurance Number

This is a unique personal number which is used to record your National Insurance (NI) contributions. You must obtain one in order to work in the UK.

Full details, including how to apply, are available online: www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number.

You may be required to attend an interview and show documents such as your passport/birth certificate.

If you would like to speak with an adviser about working in the UK, you can book an appointment via our online portal Careersonline. To do this, login using your student username and password, then select Book/Appointments from the toolbar to see what slots are available.

If you have any questions, please, email us via careers@beds.ac.uk